To follow up on last week's post, here are a few things I like to do when I am in Philly:
- attending a concert by the Philadelphia Orchestra at Kimmel Center,
- buying a book or two at the tiny Joseph Fox Bookshop, because whoever selects the books on the shelves has excellent taste and you have to support indie retail,
- eat a crepe at the creperie - simply called "La Creperie Cafe" - right next to the bookstore, which I highly recommend (and believe me, as a Frenchwoman, I don't recommend just any creperie, although be warned that the service is at French not American speed),
- attending an opera by Opera Philadelphia at the Academy of Vocal Arts,
- having a glass of wine at Tria,
- strolling through the galleries of the Museum of Art,
- enjoying the amazing collection of the Barnes Foundation in its new location on Museum Row,
- sipping coffee at La Colombe right off Rittenhouse Square while reading the New Yorker,
- having brunch at Parc on Rittenhouse Square,
- reading one of the books I've bought at Joseph Fox on a bench of Rittenhouse Square.
This all makes for perfect Philly weekends!